Mill Creek Watershed Initiative
In December 2007, the Mill Creek Watershed Initiative began with the desire to develop a strategy that integrated land use, watershed health, and community priorities. This strategy emphasized four themes:
- Economic Development
- Health and Wellness through Nature
- Educational Advancement through Outdoor Learning
- Storm Water Management through Natural Ecological Functions
The nine municipalities in the watershed, along with private sector institutions, governmental and non-profit agencies organized to advise the process and develop a comprehensive set of strategies.
The Mill Creek Watershed Initiative: Strategies for Total Community Health is a set of initial, basic recommended actions on which there is strong consensus among partnership participants. These strategies will be used to:
- Unite the communities' leadership and citizenry around specific projects as well as the broader, framework vision
- Drive collaboration and support of project implementation throughout the watershed and,
- Strengthen opportunities for securing funding for projects now and in the future.
Final Document: November 2010
Entire document (6.0 MB)